Keeping a lawyer to handle business activities is something that everyone tends to avoid. This is because, it can be an additional financial burden on the business owners. However, you may not be aware of the fact that it can save your time and effort in a great manner. If you are going to start your new business, you must hire a qualified Jefferson City mo business law attorney. He is someone who not only formulates the business policies but also helps you if you are facing any legal difficulty.
Types of business lawyers
Based on their areas of expertise, below mentioned are a few lawyers whom you can consider hiring depending on your requirements:
- General business lawyer
- Employment and labor lawyer
- Tax lawyer
- Merger and acquisition lawyer
- Intellectual property lawyer
- Contract lawyer
You might need the services of these lawyers from time to time. That’s why, it is suggested to hire one of the most experienced lawyers.
Duties of a business lawyer
Depending on the areas of specialization, some of the duties performed by these lawyers are elaborated below:
- Establishing a new company- At the time of choosing the name of the company, you need to contact an attorney who can tell you whether you should keep LLC or Co. after its name. It might be a tough decision and only a lawyer can help.
- Formulating contracts- One of the most important duties of a business lawyer is to write the contracts such as service contracts, employment contracts and wage-related contracts. From hiring to running business operations, you need everything written. An attorney can help you with writing these contracts according to the business laws.
- Mergers and Acquisitions – Big giants face a lot of competition in the business world and merge with other companies or acquire new ones. In these cases, a lawyer can make several contracts and agreements to avoid any legal dispute later on.
- Resolving legal disputes and claims- Many a time, the business has to face legal disputes because of the complaints lodged by their clients or customers. It might be difficult for a business owner to go to court. A corporate lawyer can do this on a company’s behalf.
If you are trying to find a suitable lawyer, you should search on the internet. Most of these attorneys offer their services through official websites.