If you have got in an accident and would like to file a claim, there are some things that you should be aware of, so that you don’t lessen your chances of winning. When you take your case to a grand junction car accident attorney, they will tell you to steer clear of some mistakes that weaken your case. Let’s enlist these mistakes so that you can avoid them.
The first thing that you must do is, hire a lawyer immediately as you decide to file a claim, because they will tell you clearly about the mistakes that you can make and how you can avoid making them.
Sharing information about your case
Disclosing any type of information about your case to any person is clearly not advisable and all the lawyers suggest against it.
- Social media: if you are a social media addict, you in particular need to go to extra lengths to make sure that you don’t post anything about your injury or accident because the law is a tricky thing and you never know where you might do something which stands up against you in the case. Even if your accounts are private, you must assume that there is somebody with all your posts all the time, this will help you in avoiding anything which you should not post.
- Talking to somebody: There are only two types of people that you should talk to about your case or accident: Your medical caregivers and the legal team handling your case. If your Insurance Company requires your signature on any papers, you must tell them that you will consult with your lawyer and they will get in touch with you.
Mistakes during your medical treatment
- Unnecessary delay in treatment: if you wish to prove the injury is a result of the collision, then you will increase your chances of proving that by not taking medical treatment for the injury. So, consult the doctor and start your treatment as soon as possible after the accident.
- Not taking the suggested course of treatment: taking every treatment and therapy that your doctor suggests is not only important for bringing you back in good health but also is necessary for building a strong case and filing for a big amount of compensation because it helps in showing the extent of your injury and hurt.
- Hiding past injury: you must make sure that you don’t hide any past accident or injury from your lawyer or doctor.